Dermapen & Platelet Rich Plasma
Dermapen 4 is an automated micro-needling therapy system which vertically pierces the skin to naturally stimulate collagen and elastin with very minimal damage to the epidermal layer of skin. Dermapen 4 ™ glides over the skin creating millions of fine fractional channels up to 104% faster than microneedling devices.
These channels can carry up to 80% more topical nutrients deeper into the skin. In turn our body’s natural response triggers a natural process of repair. The result is an increased production of collagen and elastin, resurfacing, retexturizing and overall skin renewal anywhere on the body, from hard to reach areas such as around the eyes, eyelids, earlobes, neck, lips, nose or larger areas of neck and décolleté, stomach and legs for stretch mark treatments.
Dermapen skin needling is a useful treatment for patients looking to:
- Tighten skin, stimulate natural collagen induction, lift and rejuvenate skin
- Heal acne scars and wounds
- Minimise open pores
- Improve wrinkles and fine lines
- Improve stretch marks
- Aid the penetration solutions
How does Dermapen work?
Dermapen works through instigating collagen induction through the delivery of needles into the dermis and epidermis layers of the skin. Incisions cause micro-injuries to the skin, encouraging the body to reproduce and repair the damaged skin through collagen induction. It really is the body’s ability to remodel and heal itself which is at the heart of this treatment. The process never involves heat, thermal energy or other chemicals and without unnecessary trauma, the skin is able to quickly heal with almost no downtime.
What are the benefits of Dermapen?
- Dermapen 4 provides a much safer and effective method of piercing the skin when compared to other traditional skin needling rollers; this is due to its unique vertical needling technology.
- The treatment has a superior effect on collagen and elastin rejuvenation. Active ingredients are supplied directly to the deeper layers of skin.
- Multi-speed and adjustable needle depths allow needles to pierce the skin’s layers at 90 degrees, increasing the treatments effect through increasing the absorption of products. This also reduces the level of pain and patient’s downtime.
- Due to its unique vertical delivery, needles can easily penetrate scar tissue which is often difficult to treat with traditional methods.
- Treatment can effectively treat those hard to reach places such as, around the eyes, nose and lips.
- Treatment promotes scar-less healing and natural collagen reproduction, similar to other treatments such as fractional laser, IPL and chemical peels, but without the downtime.
How many treatments will i need to achieve the best results?
Whilst improvement is achieved with each and every treatment, a series of 4 -6 treatments is best to achieve the greatest possible results
Is the Dermapen treatment safe for darker skin types?
Since no melanin-absorbing laser and no heat are involved, the Dermapen is relatively safer than lasers or IPL, for darker skin types.
Is the treatment painful?
Traditional dermal rolling techniques proves to be bloody and painful treatment requires the application of topical anesthetic cream (TLA), before treatments. Today with Dermapen 4 ™ there is no comparison – there is the most comfortable virtually pain-free microneedling treatment available. Dermapen™ treatments are so comfortable there is no need for any TLC. Just lay back and enjoy stunning results.
How should I prepare my skin for a Dermapen™ treatment?
As the original, trusted leader of microneedling, Dermapen World™ has collaborated with leading research and development laboratories and clinical experts to create Dp Dermaceuticals™, the world’s first meso-infusion skincare range exclusively designed for microneedling procedures.
For optimal results, an appropriate homecare regime of Dp Dermaceuticals™ should be determined by your clinician to encourage the skin to prepare, strengthen and fortify (especially for thin or delicate skin areas).
How many treatments are recommended for rejuvenation, acne scarring and stretch marks? (General guide)
Rejuvenation*: 3-4 treatments 6-8 weeks apart
Acne scarring: 4-6 treatments 6-8 weeks apart
Stretch marks: 4-8 treatments 6-8 weeks apart
Pigmentation: 4-6 treatments 2-4 weeks apart
How soon after filler/muscle relaxant injections can I have a Dermapen™ treatment?
While there is no clinical evidence that Dermapen™ treatments counteract with any particular injectables, it is important to let your clinician know if you have had an injectable treatment, or are planning one in the near future. We advise you on when to schedule your treatment appropriately.
How long should it take before I see results?
Typically, you will see results after the first treatment. Lasting and more significant results will become visible after 3 to 6 treatments (spaced 2-8 weeks apart). The condition of your skin will continue to improve over the next 6-12 months after a course of treatments, especially when combined with the recommended post-treatment care.
To find out more about “Medical Beauty Suite” treatments in our Clinic of Excellence “Plasis” or the cosmetic surgery procedures contact us: 2108940930